Pages

7.3.11

The Rant on Grilled Cheesus

Howdy Y'all, 

How are you guys doing?  It's C again, J should be back shortly.  His business is booming and he hasn't had time to post yet.  I hope I can do him some justice.  Anyhow, here's what's up.  We recently hit up one of my ALL-TIME favorite restaurants in San Diego called Urban Solace.  I've only ever tried two things there and I will never change.  I'll tell you about that more in a second.  Anyhow, so this past Sunday we ventured to try their Bluegrass Brunch.  They have a different menu during Sunday Brunch and their patio has actual Bluegrass bands playing.  It's fabulous.  



While J was contemplating what he was going to order (he was going to order their Salmon Benny, but it's pretty pricy for just brunch time).  I already knew what I was going to order.  Back to my story of why Urban Solace is one of my favorite restaurants of ALL-TIME:  they have the best grilled cheesus known to man.




For 9.5 bucks you get a huge sandwich, fries, and an amazing tomato basil soup in a cute jar.  I mean...how do you beat that?  Their fries aren't my favorite but I love fries, what can you do.  I heard they use to have Sweet Potatoes fries but since SP haven't been in their prime shape they had to switch back.

Anyhow, J ordered the Belly Benny...he thoroughly enjoyed it, but admitted the infamous grilled cheesus is still his favorite dish on the menu.



What a cute brunch!  I love this place and their brunch.  I've been eyeing the Bowl o'Grits...so next time I go to brunch here I might try that.  MIGHT.  I can't keep my eyes off the grilled cheese.  It's that good.

If you're in San Diego and looking for a comfort food place with a modern twist.  This is a must.

They have rave reviews on Yelp!

I hope everyone's hometown has as good grilled sandwich.  You don't know what you're missing out on if you don't.  If only their was a vegan gluten-free version....I would be at that place 24/7!!!

Until next time!

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment