Pages

27.12.10

Passing the Time

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and/or Friday last week.  The holidays are still going on until New Years, so I hope everyone is enjoying their laid back week!  First off, I miss J & San Diego terribly :( I can't wait to be back!  But while J is in the sweet land of California enjoying time with his fam and working his bootay off, I've been in Texas chilling the days away.  I've watched bunches of Redbox movies with the fam (Hunt to Kill (thumbs down), Eat Love Pray (Not what I expected), Ca$h (loved it!), Karate Kid (love love loved it!), The Stranger (confusing), & Babies (adorable! I loved it!)).  I've also munched away in my pajamas and watched tons of 30 Rock episodes.  And in picture form my last couple of days have consisted of this: 


Tons of shopping trips (I think I've been to 5 mall trips in the last week) and knitting in the car on way there to pass the time.


I call this Asian Soul Food.  Nothing like Sweet and Sour Vietnamese soup (Canh Chua Ca) to soothe the soul.  Courtesy of my pops.  It consisted of okra, pineapple, tomato, bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro, and fresh cat fish.


Ah I've missed fresh fruit being in college.  Blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries all from Costco.


I had a taste of this, my sister bought these at Costco.  Cinnabon make it yourself cinnamon rolls.  Too sweet for my taste.



I had some cereal on Christmas Day.  Almond milk and Quaker Oatmeal Squares!


Finished knitting the scarf during a Redbox movie!  I've never knitted so fast!


My sister started drinking this drink.  I've been doing some research on how healthy it really is.  Until I come to my conclusions I've just been having sips of her drink.  It's taste like kind jelly bits and coconut water mixed together.



Christmas Day lunch/dinner (I was full for so so long) consisted of ham baked with pineapple.  It was good, a bit dry because we left it in the oven a bit longer than it should have been though...good nontheless! :)


My plate: baked beans, loose corn, sally, mashed potatoes with brown gravy, and chicken marinated with a sweet tangy sauce.  I was stuffed!  My second plate consisted of bits of the ham for tasting. 


I was stuffed by the time it was dessert, but as I texted J: "It was pumpkin pie and when you have pumpkin you just gotta do it!!!" So I ate my pumpkin pie joyfully...and fell into food comatose a few minutes later.


Yesterday lunch consisted of vegetarian chili from McAllister's...in a bread bowl of course!  McAllister's is my favorite deli in Arlington, I'm sad they don't have it in California.  It's a fine establishment with really good sweet tea!  I stole sips from my sister's cup and opted for water instead ;)


My sister's boyfriend got her some Godiva chocolates for Christmas and I had half of this white chocolate starfish, it had raspberry jam inside, again it was way to sweet for my taste. 

I have plans tomorrow with a friend to catch up and then I am thinking yoga sesh, basketball game watching, and book reading!  The weather is suppose to be in the 40's tomorrow...YEOWZA!  Have a wonderful Tuesday.  I've been losing track of the days being off from work & school.   My next post should consist of some of my purchases over the holidays :D 

Cheers,
C

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that food looks so good! What looks better is that scarf though... =P

    -J

    ReplyDelete