Pages

6.8.10

Simple Tuesday. Creative Thursday.

Sorry about the lack of daily posts, internet use is scarce in our active life.  I'm sitting here in Filter, a 24/7 coffee shop in San Diego.  What a fun week this has been.  It's my first down time week, getting use to San Diego, finding my way around.  Anyhow, let's get to the eats.  On Tuesday we were feeling like a simple dinner.  J whipped out some already thawed Mahi Mahi (purchased frozen from Costco), grabbed some foil, and I chopped some veggies.  Wrapped a bunch of veggies and the fish into the foil and let it broil in the oven for about 30 minutes.   It turned out beautifully.  
 
It took J about 5 minutes to prepare and tasted amazing.  I on the other hand made us some "Relax" iced tea (we had to watch Shutter Island after, scary stuff, ya know ;) ).  

Wednesday night we were feeling like we needed a night out, so we walked ourselves down a few blocks and dined at India Palace.  A cute little place in a strip mall, dim lighting and small booths.  We ordered two dishes to share.  J ordered the Fish Tikka Masala and I ordered the Baighan Bartha both 8's on a scale of 12 on spicy-ness.  Both were delicious with a side of rice and garlic naan.  It was my first go with Indian food and I was definitely pleased.  Many trips are going to be in my future. 

Yesterday night we had scheduled to go to a Hip-Hop dance class then go listen to some slam poetry.  Both of those plans fell through and we ended up walking around in Northpark.  Still a blasty blast, because we always have a wonderful time together!  We came home around 9 and were feeling quite creative.  J decided to make some zucchini pasta and I made us some sally to have in our lives.   One whole zucchini was spiraled (thanks to Joyce Chen's spiralizer).  J then cooked the last of Tofurky’s Italian Sausage, added some kalamata olives, some spice, one artichoke heart, tomato sauce, and garlic.  The end product was soooooooo good!  I on the other hand made the salad (baby spinach, carrot, tomato, avocado, cauliflower, artichoke hearts).  The dressing was made with EVOO, agave, lemon juice, black pepper, and sea salt.  Tossed around and it tasted amazing also if I don't say so myself ;) 

 

I would highly recommend this recipe,  I am craving some right now!  

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone! 

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment